What's Rachie up to? - Hair Update Week 4, 2014... :-)

Hey there!!!

Its weekly update time again, already! I've had a busy week, but busy is better that bored, so I'm thankful. In terms of hair care, I must admit I'm not quite on the ball yet, but its okay. It takes me about 10 days (yes 10 days, I've actually documented this, lol) to get into groove of any new LONG TERM project I want to take on. In fact, I believe I read once that it takes 21 days to make something a Habit, so I'm not gonna be too hard on myself. :-D

Okay, onto the Update...

Last relaxer date: October 10th 2013
Currently: 14 weeks and 1 day post relaxer!!! AWESOME SAUCE! I've NEVER gone this long between relaxers. Having my hair in braids has really helped with this :-D
Next Relaxer: I'm STILL not sure. :-) I'm considering doing my protective styling for another 2-4weeks before I go ahead and texlax my hair. We will see!

How I'm feeling about my hair today: about 8/10 today :-)
Points gained: 

  • Moisturizing and Sealing has been going very well. It seems that my hair really likes the Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk with Coconut Oil as a sealant.
  • I started using Vatika Oil again!! I don't know why I stopped in the first place, because I absolutely LOVE the smell! I've used it as a sealant every 2-3 days. just a small amount focusing mostly on the ends. I then put a small amount on my fingertips and massage my scalp. I do all of this just before bed. Very relaxing :-)
  • I've remembered my vitamins everyday since last update, yayness!
  • I've remembered to drink at least 2 liters of water every day.
  • I did a little check of my ends 3 days ago, and I'm happy to report I didn't see any split ends.

Points lost:  


  • I still haven't gotten back into my exercise groove fully yet!! Its kind of frustrating! lol You stop exercising for a week, the routine gets thrown off, and then it takes real effort to get back into the routine again. Its okay though, I'm still trying, by my next update, exercising will be in my "points gained section" .
  • My scalp is recovering well thankfully after the washing, re-braiding and scalp massages, but there's still room for improvement.
  • Neeeed to get back into my Juicing routine!! Hopefully this too will be in my points gained section next week. ;-)


What have I been up to???

Hair-wise I'd say this week was pretty decent. I was able to stick to about 80% of the things on my daily to-do list. There's still room for improvement, but I'm optimistic about the coming week. :-)

I will say that I've been browsing the web a lot for protective styling hairstyle ideas. That being said, I am looking forward to trying braid extensions in another 2 weeks or so; 
And......I'm gonna try Kurly Klips........ this weekend! 
These are basically clip in extensions that you can use to create a variety of different "natural hair" hairstyles while allowing your hair to remain in braids - therefore they can be used for protective styling, Score! :-)

I've never ever worn clip-ins before, but after I read the reviews on this product I knew I had to give it a try! 
I'll definitely be doing a review post on the clip-ins soon! Excitement! lol

Yeppers Peppers!
So that's about it. 
I hope you guys are having a great weekend!

Xoxo,
Rachie :-)

No comments