New Deep Conditioner Idea!... :-)

Hey guys!

I think I may have found a little life saver when it comes to Deep Conditioning, for those of us who are often strapped for time!
Okay, so over the weekend, I was moisturizing and sealing with  my usual Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk + Grapeseed Oil +/- Castor Oil, when it occurred to me, it had been a few days since I used my trusty Profectiv Daily Leave-in Strengthener cream.

 I like to use this cream once every 2 - 3 days at least because my hair likes protein every now and then,
 and this has:
  • Soy protein
  • Hydrolyzed Oat protein
  • Wheat protein &
  • Hydrolyzed Vegetable protein
I usually use it for moisturizing and sealing. It was when I read the back closely I noticed the following:

You can potentially use it as a Deep Conditioner!
Just apply to hair damp or dry - allow heat with a plastic cap and an over-head dryer or heating cap for about 15 minutes, and you don't have to rinse it out!

I decided to give it a try after my wash day on Friday 31/01/14. Saturday 01/02/14 I applied this cream generously to each braid and put a plastic cap on for about 45 minutes - 1 hour, allowing my body heat to let the product work its magic ;-)

*Oh, by the way, I put a scarf one over my plastic cap because I hate hate hate the crunch crunch plastic sound, lol, just a pet peeve of mine.

So after about 1 hour under the plastic cap I just took it off, and sealed my hair with my usual Grapeseed oil + Castor oil. I then put my hair in one french braid and curled the ends under with one flexi-rod, and let my hair air-dry a bit. I then tied my hair with a satin scarf and off to bed I went for some much deserved sleep! :-)

I've been re-doing my plaits on and off since last night. This usually takes me about 2 days - I don't like sitting down for hours on end. I just do one section at a time here and there, because when I'm tired I do more harm than good to my hair, whether I realize it or not.

And since I've been redoing the plaits, I've noticed the hair is UBER SOFT!! More so than my previous re-plaiting sessions. Yayness! I think this new method is a keeper for me. It takes very little time, especially since no rinse out is required.

I plan to do this only once to twice a week, and Ill monitor my hair for product build up at all.

Hope you guys have a great Monday!

Xoxo,
Rachie :-)

No comments