Wash Day - 09/02/14... :-)


Morning guys!

I said I'd do a really quick post to fill you guys in on how Wash Day went yesterday. It went pretty smoothly. :-D


  1. Firstly, I co-washed my braids with Tresemme' Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner. I also did a little scalp massage as well at the time.
  2. I then coated each braid with ORS Replenishing Conditioner. I then put on a plastic cap and sat under the dryer for 40 minutes.
  3. I then rinsed my braids and scalp thoroughly with warm water.
  4. Next, I did an AVC rinse (1/4 ACV to 3/4 water)
  5. Dried my hair with a cotton T-shirt and wrapped a silk scarf around my edges.
  6. I then coated my hair, focusing on the new growth and the ends, with a mixture of Profectiv growth Oil and Castor Oil.
  7. I allowed my hair to airdry to about 60-70% and then applied some Profectiv Strengthening Daily Leave-in Cream to each braid and sealed with just a little bit of Grapeseed Oil.
  8. I then twisted my ends around a single flexirod, tied my hair with a silk scarf and went to bed. 
This morning, I noticed my hair was a bit damp, so I think I should have let it air-dry a bit longer before I tied it all up under a scarf, next time :-)

My only regret was that I couldn't do the Coffee Rinse I was so eager to try, because all I have right now is Nescafe' Instant Coffee and apparently Instant Coffee has preservatives and other ingredients in it that make it not suitable for use as a rinse for your hair - i.e. it can be damaging. So.... I passed on that little experiment. I'll get some tea at the supermarket today so that I can do a Tea Rinse during the week.

Yeppers Peppers! So that's about it
I hope you guys have a great Monday!

Xoxo,
Rachie :-)

No comments