Back to Dry Deep Conditioning! Falling in Love All Over Again!... :-)

Hey There Guys!
:-)
I REALLY missed Dry Deep Conditioning for the last month and a half. My hair was put away in a long term protective style, so I wasn't able to do dry deep conditioning at all, for fear that I might not be able to wash out the conditioner properly.
Now that my hair is "free" I can dry deep condition as I please!

With things being so hectic, at least I'm able to deep condition during the week without having it interrupt my different engagements/responsibilities.
I used my trusty Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner:



  • I Finger De-tangled my hair in 4 sections, 
  • Followed by a quick 3-4 passes with my Denman Brush to each section.
  • Then applied about 1 tablespoon of my Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner to each section, and plaited each section.
I was going to leave this in for maybe a few hours while I read, or went to exercise, whichever one I felt like the right thing to do at the time, when I remembered I had to go to a lunch! 
Oopsie!

So... I tucked the top 2 plaits behind my head almost like a halo, and I then put my little flower headband around it to keep it in place. I let the bottom 2 plaits hang loose, with a small tie at each end to keep the plaits from unraveling. 

Lunch was great, and in true Caribbean style, lasted till waaaaaay in the evening, almost night time! LOL. I was much too tired to tackle a full wash-out and air-dry routine. So I tucked my braids away, put on a silk scarf, and called it a night!

The following morning I had work, so I:
  • Let out the braids separated them with my fingers 
  • I used a wide tooth comb for the ends
  • I put on a headband to make the front neat - my new growth was not cooperating, lol.
When I got home in the evening:

  • I hopped into the shower and rinsed out the conditioner with warm water - the hair felt like BUTTER!!! love love love this stuff.
  • All the time I was scalp massaging - to remove any conditioner from my scalp as well as stimulate the follicles. PLUS its relaxing :-)
  • I did not use shampoo, I didn't need it.
  • I then did an ACV Rinse and proceeded to Air dry as usual with my scarf. I explained in detail how I air dry in "this post", I think I'll do an updated version soon though because I no longer use the Tangle Teezer - I'm scared of split ends with my hair strands being so fine. I also started using 2 new products - So yes its official, I'll definitely do an updated post on Air-drying soon, but the general technique remains unchanged.
  • Afterwards - I just twisted my hair up! and that will be me for the rest of this week until I'm ready to Deep Condition again on maybe Saturday.
My hair is really happy right now for the first time in a while! *Queue Angels with violins - LOL*

Yep! - So that was my extended "2-day wash day" so to speak. I'm really glad I stumbled upon this dry deep conditioning method, otherwise, I may have just thrown/given away this conditioner, because it really doesn't work for me on wet hair at all.

I have Scuba Diving Classes (god-willing) on Sunday - Eeks! I'm excited! I'm gonna have to figure out what I'm doing with my hair to: (a) Protect it from the salt, and (b) Keep tangles at bay!
I'll let you know how it goes!

Have a great Thursday!

I'd like to leave you with just a few quotes from one of the most amazing women there ever was, Maya Angelou - thank you so much for being




Xoxo,
Rachie :-)

4 comments

  1. Da one ya bad (good) :)

    Definitely trying this when my hair is free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad so (;-))Lol! Thanks Gibbi! Ye man u should try it, and let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  2. Long time! I just acquired this conditioner, gonna give the dry dc a try with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbi!!! Yayness! Its been ages, but I'm back thankfully. Ye man give it a try as a dry deep conditioner, wash it out with warm water and let me know how it goes. I didn't like it when I tried to use it on wet hair - its very thick with minimal slip, but that's just me. Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugz

      Delete