Wash Day!... :-)

Hey There Guys!!!
*Wash Day Results :-)*

I hope you guys have been enjoying The World Cup as much as I am, I can't believe I'm not in Brazil right now!
 
Quick Hair Update:
I'm currently 2 Weeks & 4 Days Post Texlaxing.
I've been wearing a braid-out in buns and large braids for this week at Work and to the Beach this morning.

Today was an impromptu wash day for me...
I was planning to put this off until tomorrow because I was just so darn tired... but alas my hair felt a tad bit drier than I'd like, and I noticed some broken hairs, so I decided to just bite the bullet and do it today.

Normally I'd do a Dry Deep Conditioning Session, but I've run out of Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner!!!! 
Oh The Blasphemy!!!
And I cant get it anywhere here in BVI. 
I may have to do an order soon...

So that being said I decided to go ahead with the Regular Deep Conditioning of cleansed hair today:
  1. I Pre-pooed with Vatika Coconut Hair Oil - I went a bit overboard because somehow I managed to squeeze the bottle so hard that there was a literal explaosion of oil onto the right side of my head! Half the brand new bottle GONE, LOL! smh.
  2. I Then washed my hair with Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo, focusing mainly on my scalp.
  3. I followed with a protein treament with my Nexxus Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor, OMG its now Finished! Woi, another product added to the "to-order-asap" list!
  4. After allowing the protein treatment to stay on my hair for 15 minutes I washed it out with warm water and Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo again.
  5. I then coated my hair with a very generous amount of Herbal Essences Hello hydration Conditioner - I never skimp on Conditioner :-D hence my stocks are running low presently. I kept the conditioner on my hair covered by a plastic cap and a towel for the second half of the Costa Rica vs Greece Match until Penalty Shoot out was completed! Lol! (World Cup Fever!)
  6. I then put approx 3 tablespoons-worth of Coconut Oil in my palms and then smoothed this over the conditioner-soaked hair. De-tangling was a breeze :-D
  7. I then rinsed this out with warm water followed my Cold water.
  8. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse.
  9. Dried my hair in a Cotton T-shirt for about 20 minutes, then proceeded to Air Dry as a normally do. I put may hair in 4 large plaits under the scarf - So I may do a Braid-out on Tuesday... We'll see :-)
 10.  Satin scarf - off to bed in an hour or so! :-D

On the whole, Wash Day went well! Thank Goodness :-)
                          

My hair feels a little on the thin side to me, but I guess that happens in the first week or two after Texlaxing, with all the new growth being straighter. 
On the up-side, my Nexxus Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor has not failed me at all. My Hair feels stronger, I see alot less breakage post conditioning and best of all my hair feels really soft! Yayness!!!

Things I'd like to improve on this week:
  • I think that at the end of this week, I'd like to start putting my hair back in twists or plaits to last for a week at a time, to reduce hair manipulation - even if it is just finger de-tangling.
  • I need to get back into daily exercise! I've slacked a bit. Jogging starts tomorrow! :-)
  • Ensure my vitamins and Fruit/Veggie smoothies daily as well as my 2-3L of water.

So That's about it!
I hope you guys have a Fantastic Week!

Xoxo,
Rachie :-)


Check Out what other ladies are up to on Their "Wash Days" Below:
The Wash Day Experience
Hope all you ladies had a great /hassle-free "Wash Day Experience" Too!
Hugz to you all,
And thanks so much for stopping by!
:-)

11 comments

  1. Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner and the shampoo have been on my wishlist for too long now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great! Definitely a "must-have" in my arsenal of products, lol!

      Delete
  2. Your edges will be well laid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Thanks to the "scarf method" of air-drying! It really helps to keep the front of the hair neat when doing a Braid-out-bun. Thanks so much for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  3. I love your braid outs! The texture is gorgeous!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love herbal essence hello hydration conditioner. The Brazilian team has always been my favorite. Are you from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girlie, yup I love me some HEHH Conditioner, I have that in BULK, lol. No I'm not from Brazil, I'm from Jamaica :-D BUT I really do wish I had had the funds this year to go to the World Cup, alas other surprise expenses arose. I definitely am saving for Brazil Olympics though!! woot woot! :-)

      Delete
  5. How long have you started texlaxing and how have you been finding the transition? Do you do your own texlax

    ReplyDelete