Hair Typing and Hair Care Regimen Series - Coming Soon! :-)

Hey There Guys!

Since being on my hair journey I've gotten quite a few questions from friends and co-workers (Hi there!) who are either anxious to start or have already started their HHJ:
What do you use in your hair?
How do I make it grow fast? as in, Lightening-speed Doc! :-)
You sure I can reach waistlength? Because, my hair just doesn't grow! like ever!
My type of hair (kinky, i.e. not straight or loosely curly)  Doesn't grow!
I put oil in my hair to moisturize it but it still feels dry!

I love to get questions, because I have been there before in some way shape or form. I had LOTS of questions and LOTS of doubts in the beginning too!

In fact I still have questions:
Like, 
"honestly, why the heck am I having breakage over the past week and 1/2 despite my best efforts? Ugh!" - *admittedly it IS less since the protein treatment (side-eye), but I digress...
(Please excuse the grumpiness, bad hair day,
you know the deal, LOL!)

As I was saying :-)...
I've the 3 main things I've learned over the past year are:

1
KEEP CALM and BUILD a REGIMEN
(that includes a good moisture/balance, low manipulation, care for the ends)
2
BE FLEXIBLE enough to change one aspect of said regimen that may be seemingly working for "everyone else" but NOT your own hair,
This part generally comes in when you are getting to know/learn your OWN HAIR TYPE - what its likes and dislikes are.
3
Lastly,
and sometimes annoyingly,
but quite importantly,
is PATIENCE.
For some people (like me) length came AFTER health and thickness so there was a good lil wait between SL (shoulder length) and APL (armpit length)

So!
Over the next 2 weeks I will be doing 2 series:
1. Completing the HAIR TYPING series 
that I started earlier on this year
and,
2. RACHIE's REGIMEN DECONSTRUCTED: 
where I will do a post to explain each aspect of my Regimen and why I do it.

So That's about it!
See you guys again tomorrow!

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below :-)

Xoxo,
Rachie :-)


2 comments

  1. awesome! looking forward to it.
    ps. I tagged you in my Birthday hair post. Hope you'll find some time to do it. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya girlie! Oooooo, I'll definitely check it out!

      Delete